Thanks to the NSW Government, your child could be eligible for up to $100 to support their participation in swimming lessons here at the Bay Pavilions.
We’re proud to be an approved provider of the First Lap Voucher Program – giving families of children aged 3-6 years (who are not yet enrolled in school) financial relief to assist with the cost of essential water safety and swim lessons.
To help your family access this funding we’ve put together key information, with full details of the program available at: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/first-lap-swim-voucher
Who can apply?
To apply for a First Lap voucher, each child must be:
- A resident of NSW either aged between 3 and 6 years and not enrolled in school.
- In kindergarten in 2021 or 2022.
- Listed on a valid Australian Medicare card.
What information do I need to apply?
- A MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application.
- One proof of identity document for the parent, carer or guardian.
- Your child’s Medicare card details.
I have multiple children; can I apply for more than one voucher?
You can apply for multiple children/dependants by submitting separate applications, with up to $100 available per application.
How do I apply?
To apply, follow these simple steps:
- Visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-first-lap-learn-swim-voucher
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the voucher.
If successful, you’ll:
- Find the voucher under the ‘Vouchers’ section of the Service NSW App within an hour.
- receive an email from Service NSW with the voucher available to download and print.
How do I use the voucher?
Once approved, redeeming your voucher with us is easy. Simply:
1. Log in to the Service NSW App on your mobile device.
2. Select ‘Vouchers’.
3. Select your First Lap voucher.
4. Present the voucher QR code to our friendly team for scanning.
Good news – If you do not have a mobile device, you can simply provide the printed voucher or voucher code to our team instead.
For further information visit https://www.sport.nsw.gov.au/firstlap/parents