A little over 12 months after commencing and the Shire’s $69 million Bay Pavilions construction has really started to take shape – so where are things currently at?
- Approximately 78% of the construction program has already been completed
- The health club, aquatics and theatre areas all have roofing overhead, with internal fit-outs now underway
- 99kw of solar panels have been installed atop the pool roof
- Both indoor pools have been tiled and are nearing practical completion (check out our fun fact below)
- Construction of the waterslide tower has commenced (visible from the Beach Road and Highway intersection)
Works to date
- Installation of 4 amazing waterslides to the tower
- Continuing the internal fit-out of the health club, aquatics and theatre areas
- Pouring of paths surrounding both indoor pools
A whopping 24,467 tiles have been laid in the 25m indoor pool, using 6 different colours and supporting the pool to hold an incredible 783,000 litres of water!
What to expect from Bay Pavilions:
Once completed, this impressive facility will boast two state-of-the-art pavilions featuring an Arts Pavilion and Aquatics Pavilion.
- Flat floor auditorium with retractable seating for 350 people
- Gallery/exhibition areas
- Dance studio
- Multi-purpose rooms
- Green rooms
- Indoor aquatic centre with a 25 metre, eight-lane pool with ramp access, as well as a separate 10-metre warm water pool and learn-to-swim toddler areas
- Outdoor waterplay splash pads, surrounded by picnic tables and BBQs
- 4 exhilarating water slides, with something for everyone!
- Health club, group fitness studios and wellness areas
The entranceway will also include a café, visitor information centre and other support services, making Bay Pavilions a place of joy, a place of community and a place of well-being for body and mind.
With the project on track for completion towards the middle of 2022, we can’t wait to see you down at the Bays Pavilions!